What you will need:
- 2 tsp Yeast
- 50g Melted Butter
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 150ml Milk
- 1 egg
- 225g flour
- Pinch of salt
- Oil, for frying
- (Optional) Filling of your choice – Our Suggestions: Nutella/Jam/Lemon Curd.
(Optional) For the icing:
- 225g (8oz) icing sugar
- 3-4 tbsp water
- The first step to making your delicious freshly made doughnuts is to ensure that your milk is warm to add the yeast. Place your milk in a microwavable
bowl and place it in the microwave for about 40 seconds, and then slowly stir in the yeast. Leave this mixture for around 10 minutes until it turns
- Next, beat together your eggs, sugar and salt until combined and add to the yeast mixture. Then slowly stir in the flour until all ingredients are
- Once the mixture is a dough, cover the bowl and leave it for around an hour, until the dough has doubled in size.
- You then need to flour your surface to ensure that the dough doesn’t stick as you are kneading it. And then knead the dough for a few minutes.
- Then take the dough and split it into small equally sized balls, cover them, and leave on the side for around 30-35 minutes to double in size.
- Whilst you are waiting for your dough to rise, cover some plates in kitchen paper so that once you fry the doughnuts, they can be drained of excess
- When your dough has nearly doubled in size, use a large heavy http://premier-pharmacy.com/product-category/mans-health// bottomed pan and fill with oil and heat until it has reached 190°C. You can test if your
oil is ready by using an excess piece of dough and dropping it in, and if it starts to sizzle and turn golden then you know that it is ready.
Warning: the oil will be extremely hot so you have to be careful. Do not leave your oil unattended at all times.
- You then need to slowly drop your doughnuts into the oil. We recommend that you do not place more than 3 in at once, however, if you have a larger
pan you can add more.
- Once you have placed the dough in the oil, wait for around 4 minutes for the underneath to turn golden, and then use a spatula or tongs to turn them
over and leave for another 4 minutes.
- Then remove the doughnuts from the oil with a spatula or tongs and place onto the kitchen paper.
- This is the fun part… You can now either choose to add a filling or a topping to your doughnut, or both!
- To add the filling, simply use a knife to make a small hole and then pour in the filling. However, we suggest to not put too much filling otherwise
they could get very messy…
- Lastly, for the icing, mix together the icing sugar and water, you can also use a food colouring of your choice, and then dunk in the doughnuts and
leave on a plate to set.