PERSONAL HYGIENE REQUIREMENT FOR ALL CATERING STAFF
WHAT SHOULD FOOD HANDLERS DO?
All food handlers should follow the rules on good practice while at work:
1. Cover all cuts and wounds with a waterproof dressing.
2. Keep hair clean and tied back and if necessary covered.
3. Keep hands clean.
4. Wash hands properly and frequently.
5. Wash hands: –
- Before starting work;
- Before handling cooked food;
- After going to the toilet;
- After handling rubbish and waste;
- After any cleaning activity;
- After blowing your nose, sneezing, coughing or touching your hair;
- After smoking.
WHAT SHOULD FOOD HANDLERS NOT DO?
1.Smoke in a food area.
2. Wear jewellery that cannot be adequately and easily cleaned.
3. Wear pieces of jewellery, or ornate jewellery with stones, that can fall into food.
4. Wear nail varnish or false nails.
5. Bite nails.
6. Cough and sneeze over food.
7. Taste food with fingers.
8. Lick fingers when picking up wrapping materials.
9. Pick or scratch nose.
10. Blow into bags to open them.
11 Touch hair or scratch head while handling food.